Cold brew coffee is all the rage, both abroad and in South Africa. While ready to drink, bottled cold brews are becoming more pervasive and popular, some of the most diligent home baristas seek to make delicious cold brew themselves. While you can get some decent results with basic immersion, some of best cold brews we've ever tasted have been made with the Yama Cold Drip Tower.
Available in two sizes, the Yama Cold Drip Tower allows you to precisely line up your chilled water & coffee grounds, and control the rate of flow (i.e. speed of drips) with a valve. This means that you can adjust both grind consistency and extraction time to dial in your perfect cold extraction for each coffee.
Cold brewing is a slow process - anywhere from 3 to 12 hours (or even up to 24) depending on your brew guide and preferences, but the results can be very rewarding after a bit of experimentation. At its best, cold drip coffee is sweet, aromatic & refreshing, with lower acidity. It can also be kept in the fridge up to 7 days while still retaining all its flavour potency - some even find it better after a few days.
- Comes with all glass parts pictured & wooden frame
- Includes reusable ceramic ("stone") filter
- Suitable for 3 - 12 hour brew times (smaller model better suited to shorter brew times)
- Top water chamber can be filled with ice for very cold extraction
- Adjustable drip valve to control speed
- Base dimensions: 30cm x 30cm
- 8 Cup Model Height: 65cm, Volume: ~1.2L
- 25 Cup Model Height: 115cm, Volume: ~3.5L
- Made of temperature resistant glass